The Atomic Energy Regulatory Board was constituted on November 15, 1983 by the President of India by exercising the powers conferred by the Atomic Energy Act to carry out certain regulatory and safety functions under the Act.
The mission of the Board is to ensure that the use of ionizing radiation and nuclear energy in India does not cause undue risk to health and the environment.
The detailed quality assurance report or Acceptance / Performance test reports are prepared as per guidelines of AERB which includes tests to check certain parameters such as:
-Congruence of Radiation & Optical Field
-Central beam alignment
-Focal spot size
-Linearity of mA loading station
-Linearity of timer
-Performance of the image intensifier
-Tube housing leakage
-Radiation protection Tests
Diagnostic radiology QA/QC reports for NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers) applicants
- The compliance test reports providedfor the QA services are fully documented to qualify for NABH accreditation.
- As mentioned in clauses AAC. 10 & AAC. 11 of document ‘Self Assessment Toolkit’mentioned on NABH Website , Quality Assurance of diagnostic radiology equipment is one of the requirements for accreditation of NABH.
All the reports can be traced back to the date and time of the measurements of each parameter – It’s Foolproof!
- RPL uses RaySafe Xi View software which is a part of Raysafe Xi measuring instrument set.
- Raysafe Xi displays and stores all exposure data including kV, radiation and mA waveforms as measured by the RaySafe Xi.
- Retrieval, analysis and report making is possible as the measurement data is transferred from the measuring instrument to this software.
- The measurement data thus recorded has a time stamp as to on which date and time the measurements were taken.
- For a QA report, this feature adds to the traceability of measurements and thus makes the report traceable.
- Measurement data generated during the quality assurance tests are saved as MS ExcelTM files.
- Quality assurance reports are generated from these measurement data.
- These reports are saved in the server system at the head-office.
- The reports are also saved in the form of hard-copy at the head-office.
- The customers can request for past reports any time.
- The reports can be easily retrieved in both soft-copy form and hard-copy form.
- The customer is always assured of the report backup at our head-office.
- RPL engineers have successfully completed the training course on “Radiation Safety and Quality Assurance in Diagnostic Radiology” arranged by Association of medical Physicists of India (AMPI) in collaboration with Radiological Physics and Advisory Division (RP&AD), BARC.
- RPL engineers have hands on experience in this field of work.
- RPL engineers have graduate degrees in Electronics Engineering and/or Biomedical Engineering.
- Reports delivered within a week.
- Dedicated customer support representative.
- We do not manufacture.
- We do not sell any manufacturer’s products.
- We do not recommend any manufacturer’s products.
- We perform the quality assurance tests and measurements with no preference to particular brand of x-ray equipment.
Comments are closed.